Taskbar is Unresponsive and restarting Windows Explorer does nothing

Hi

So basically i updated to the newest version of widows 10 (1909)

And since then my taskbar has been completely unresponsive.

I have tried every option i could think of,

- Restart Windows Explorer (failed)

- Repair using Powershell as an Admin (failed)

- Disable iGPU MultiMonitor (doesn't exist on my pc)

If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated!

- Jai Chirio

Hi JaiChirio and thanks for reaching out. My name is Joseph. I'm an independent advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

I would suggest you refer to the below options and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Option 1. Sign out and Sign in the account.

1. Press CTRL + Alt + Del.
2. Click Sign out and Sign in again.
3. Check to see whether or not the problem has been resolved.

Option 2. Run DISM & SFC.

1. Press the Windows key, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator".
2. Copy-paste: sfc /scannow
3. Press Enter. Wait until it completes.
4. Copy-paste: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
5. Press enter. Wait until it completes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402652...

Option 3. Perform a clean boot in Windows

Summary

A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This is similar to starting Windows in Safe Mode but provides you more control over which services and programs run at startup to help you isolate the cause of a problem.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/929135...

Option 4. Do a repair install of Windows 10 with an in-place upgrade.

Summary

If your Windows 10 installation is demonstrating unusual behavior such as built-in apps not working or launching, you can perform a repair upgrade to fix the problem. A repair upgrade is a process of installing Windows 10 over the existing installation of Windows 10 on your hard disk, using Windows 10 installation media. Performing this can repair broken operating system files while preserving your personal files, settings, and installed applications.

You may try following these steps. Check this video tutorial for detailed instructions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l06XupVqH74

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2024 Views 28,328 Applies to: