Taskbar doesn't completely disappear when I fullscreen (with pictures!)

As shown in the photos below, my taskbar is not auto-hiding correctly. Yes, it is set to auto-hide. I have restarted windows, and restarted my browser (google chrome). I even tried using a different browser, which made no difference. No, there are not any hidden icons on my taskbar that are calling for my attention. I have Windows 10.

The problem is, before this started, that red line you see at the right of the first image, would COMPLETELY disappear when I used fullscreen mode on any website. I like it that way, and I have no idea why my computer stopped doing that since I did not change any settings whatsoever. If I move my cursor to the right, I will make the taskbar appear, which is NOT what I want. I want to be able to move my cursor all over the screen when it fullscreen mode, and for that taskbar to not be visible in any way, shape or form.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2020 Views 1,409 Applies to:

Hi Alexandra,

This issue may have been caused by program icons that are hidden. Notifications from your installed applications may also prevent the taskbar from hiding. Since you've mentioned that the taskbar is set to auto-hide, we suggest performing these additional steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Restart the Windows Explorer process. Here's how:
    A. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
    B. Under Windows processes, look for Windows Explorer.
    C. Right-click on it, then click Restart.
  2. Check if there's an application that needs your attention, but its icon is hidden from the view. To check it, click the up arrow button located at the lower right corner of the screen. Refer to the screenshot below: 

Get back to us with the result.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.