Taskbar animations are missing (Windows 11)

my taskbar animations are gone. but only some of them. the animations when hovering over closed icons and opening the start menu and the other things on the left are there but the animations for the windows that pop up when hovering on opened icons are gone.

Hi, my name is Anderson Souza, I hope I can help you with your issue.

Some bugs are being identified by some Windows 11 users at this early stage of distribution of the new system, however, some are being fixed through updates to the system itself. Check that your system already has all the latest updates installed, go to Start menu > Settings > Windows Update, check and apply all updates.

After installing the pending updates and restarting the computer, go back to the same Windows Update screen and click Advanced Options > Optional Updates, also apply the optional updates and restart the PC.

Check if the problem persists.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

my taskbar animations are gone. but only some of them. the animations when hovering over closed icons and opening the start menu and the other things on the left are there but the animations for the windows that pop up when hovering on opened icons are gone.

If by animations you mean the hover over

thumbnail, then yes I've had this happen.

I find it will usually correct itself.

Please mark my posts as answers or helpful if they are.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 18, 2024 Views 1,133 Applies to: