System Time is different from Local Standard Time

I am trying to network my 2 computers.  The computer I started the HomeGroup on appears to have a problem with the setup.  When I run the troubleshooter I get the message "System Time is different from Local Standard Time".  I have checked both computers, and my router (on the Dlink site) and they are all exactly the same except Dlink says GMT and the computers say UTC.  Any suggestions what I should try now so my other computer can join the HomeGroup.  

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thanks for posting the question.

As per the description provided, you are having issues with System time discrepency.

You can synchronize your computer clock with an Internet time server. This means that the clock on your computer is updated to match the clock on the time server, which can help ensure that the clock on your computer is accurate. Your clock is typically updated once a week and needs to be connected to the Internet for the synchronization to occur.

a: Open Date and Time by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Date and Time.

b: Click the Internet Time tab, and then click Change settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

c: Select the check box next toSynchronize with an Internet time server, select a time server, and then click OK.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Set-the-clock

Reply to us if you face any issues with System time  or any other Windows Issue, and we would be glad to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Hope this information helps.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

when I attempt to sync the time I am told I don't have administrator privileges,  but I am the adminstrator;  what can I do to overcome this problem?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have followed your advise and synchronized both my computers clocks to the clock on the time server.

I still am getting the same problem when I try to connect using HomeGroup which when I run the diagnostics comes back with  the system time is different from your local standard time .

Any help please

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your Sky Drive, share with everyone and post a link here. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your Sky Drive and post a link here.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.

For help with Sky Drive see paragraph 9.3:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 14, 2023 Views 5,658 Applies to: