System repair disc could not be created

I recently completed building my own custom system.  I installed it with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-Bit onto a RAID 0 array of two identical SSDs.  (The BIOS setting for my SATA interfaces is set to RAID (as opposed to AHCI) and is maintained by the Intel X79 chipset and driver.)

When I try to create a system repair disc, I receive the error "System repair disc could not be created" along with "The parameter is incorrect. (0x80070057)".  I have an LG Blu Ray burner and a 4.7GB DVD-R in the tray.

I have read all the articles I can find about this problem, but none of them seem to apply:

• I don't have an HP system.
  • I'm not using TrueCrypt (it's not even installed).
  • sfc /scannow found no errors.  (I ran sfc in a cmd window that I started by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator".)

I tried running recdisc in three ways:

• Start->All Programs->Maintenance->Create a System Repair Disc
  • Start->Control Panel->Backup and Restore->Create a system repair disc
  • Starting a cmd window by right clicking the cmd icon and selecting "Run as Administrator", then typing "recdisc.exe".

In all three cases, I get exactly the same error.  The GUI starts and asks me to select a CD/DVD drive and insert a blank disc into the drive.  I only have the one drive, which shows up in the GUI as "BD-RE Drive (D:)".  I already have a 4.7GB disc in the drive.  The instant I click the "Create disc" button, I receive the aforementioned error.

What am I doing wrong?

|
I do not know what causes this problem but since there are just two types of Repair CDs (32 bits and 64 bits), you could walk around the problem and burn one on a different PC.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I do not know what causes this problem but since there are just two types of Repair CDs (32 bits and 64 bits), you could walk around the problem and burn one on a different PC.

The problem is that I only have one other PC with Windows 7--my laptop.  While it also uses the 64-bit version of Windows, it is not configured for RAID.  Would it be able to produce a repair CD that would boot on my main system, where the boot disk is a RAID 0 array controlled by the Intel chipset?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The problem is that I only have one other PC with Windows 7--my laptop.  While it also uses the 64-bit version of Windows, it is not configured for RAID.  Would it be able to produce a repair CD that would boot on my main system, where the boot disk is a RAID 0 array controlled by the Intel chipset?
There is only one way to find out: Burn one, then test it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes.  The x64 System repair disk will work for all x64 Windows 7 systems. 

As an alternative, you can currently* download System repair disk ISOs from

Windows 7 System Repair Disc 64-bit

[Windows 7 System Repair Disc 32-bit]

There are a host of tools that can then create a bootable System repair disk from that ISO.  One I have just been using successfully is WinUSBMaker

WinUSB Maker - Josh Cell Softwares v2.0beta

Download WinUSB-Maker from SourceForge.net - v1.8

MS are closing down many of these sources as they are distributing MS software without permission.  So if you are ever going to download these ISOs, do it now.  I used the links only two weeks ago and they were still working then.

Try*3 - a user
Dell Inspirons 7779, 1545, 9300; Windows 10 Home x64 & Pro x86; Office Pro 2007; HP DJ2540; HTC UPlay [Android 6.0], MyPhoneExplorer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2019 Views 423 Applies to: