System Recovery Hangs While Restoring

This was basically my last resort since I am confused on what to do now. Around yesterday is when my Sony Vaio laptop was giving me trouble as it was running perfectly fine before. The last thing I was doing was checking google images for a picture to draw on miiverse on the wiiu. Out of nowhere, the laptop just froze and I decided to wait a couple minutes to see if t would unfreeze itself but after 10 minutes, no results and was forced to hard reset. When it proceded to restart, it started hanging around "starting windows". After 5 minutes, I hard reset again and this it took me to startup repair screen. I let it run but after an hour it crashed, without it fixing anything. I had tried to go back to a system restore point that i made in december and in november but it said I had never made one. So then, I decieded to completely format it to factory settings knowing I would lose everything. I chose to restore the complete system using Vaio Recovery Center. I thought it was going well seeing as it was restoring but I noticed the bar stopped at 62% and just basically hangs there. It then gave me an error and was told to shut down. I restarted the laptop and now I basically have "Operating System Not Found". I reattempted the system recovery and restored the complete system again but it still hangs at 62% and am unable to do anything now since I dont have the OS installed. I can't give specs either other than Its a Sony Vaio with 4gb Ram n Intel Pentium Processor with Windows 7 Home Premium x64bit.

Can someone help me out please. I don't know what to do and I should have gone here before I have attempted to do anything.

The error was    Restore Complete System "An Error occurred while executing an application. The Operation was not completed. Shutdown the PC, then try the operation againafter restarting the system. Error: 320"

Question Info

Last updated May 28, 2018 Views 1,207 Applies to:

Hello Enrique,

Welcome to Microsoft community where you will get best solutions for Windows related issues.

I understand that you have hard time performing System Restore. I would definitely help you in fixing this issue.

Error codes 320 and 330 indicate a problem with the Recovery Discs themselves or a RAM or HDD problem.

There will be a hidden hard disk partition create by the manufacturers. So I would suggest you to perform a Restore from Hidden Hard Disk partition.

To perform that, I would suggest you to check with Sony support.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

I hope this helps you to get the issue fixed. If you have any issues with Windows in future, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.