"System Mechanic Has Stopped Working" error message on switching on the laptop.

Original Title: system mechanic

Hi Can Anyone Help Every time I Turn On My Laptop I Get Message System Mechanic Has Stopped Working ?Why Yours Hopefully Geoff Rogers

|

Hi Geoff,

The above issue might occur if any of the third party applications/programs installed is triggering the error message on the computer.

Before we assist you further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

1. When exactly are you getting the above error message?
  2. Is the error message causing any system performance issues?
  3. Since when are you getting the error message displayed on the computer screen?

Boot the computer in Clean boot state and check if the issue is cased due to any of the installed third party applications/programs.

Putting the system in Clean boot will enable the PC to start using minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

Refer to the section How to perform a clean boot for Windows 10 from the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section, How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the above error message displayed on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I get the error msg repeating randomly during my computing sessions. The msg is vague: 'A problem has made the program stop working'.

After the first error msg, I can no longer open System Mechanic without it crashing with same msg, unless I shut off my wifi radio. Also, I can open the program after a reboot if the msg hasn't appeared yet.

The problem started happening a couple weeks ago. It's the first time I've had trouble with System Mechanic or the background service.

I have the latest Win 10 updates. I also run BitDefender and sometimes have problems with it activating after an update, but it works after rebooting--sometimes multiple times. I often wonder if it conflicts with System Mechanic.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

As I read your post, it mirrored my problems exactly.  I had to do a 'double-take' to see if it was I that had posted and couldn't remember doing so (trust me I have done that in the past), I also have Bitdefender, SM and the latest updates installed and it is when I updated to the lasted Windows update that the problems have been caused.  I am at a loss though as like you I have been using SM for some considerable time and I have never had this problem before. I have tried to contact SM customer support and whilst they have tried to sort the problem, they have yet been unable to do so, I don't want to 'divorce' from this utilities suite as it has been a happy marriage until now.

Please post if you get a solution as I think that the solution for you would also be applicable to me,

Thanks for also highlighting to me that I was not 'alone' in this problem.

I hope you get your solution soon.

Regards 

Adele

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Consider yourself lucky. System Mechanic, like all such programs, is useless at best, but worse, it is likely to cause problems.

You should uninstall it.

8 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2021 Views 3,335 Applies to: