System is blocking pictures from being displayed in browswer

I am learning how to write HTML but my computer is blocking all of the pictures from displaying in my browser.  It does not matter which browser I use.    Any suggestions?  When I go to the file I want to bring up in my browser, a yellow ribbon appears at the top and states: "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer.  Open this item to view the pictures (?)"

Windows Defender is turned off.

This is the same question as this fellow's:

Question
cryptoj asked on

Some pictures have been blocked to help...actually all on my system are being blocked in any browser
I'm creating images and web pages. Then I try to view with a browser. Pick a browser. Any browser: IE, Chrome, Safarie, Opera, SeaMonkey. All the same. I'm getting protected from myself. "Some pictures have been blocked to help prevent the sender from identifying your computer..." Too late. I know me. I turned off all the firewalls. All the answers I've found seem to be focused on IE or email. I'm having the same problem with any browser that wants to display an image from my windows 7 system. Any recommendations would be appreciated. In the file explorer this problem also shows up with a little message with the same wording at the top of the window and also indicating to click on the message to enable the displaying of the images. The system does not respond in any way clicking on this message. Any advice would be appreciated. thanks, james

Found this helpful 0
Answer
cryptoj replied on

Well I think I've fixed it.  In control panel>windows defender>options>real-time protection then uncheck scan downloaded files and attachments. After I did this, I could see images on my system use while creating an html page.
regards, james

In Windows 10, Windows Defender.  "Options" isn't there anymore, but Settings is.  In Settings, "Real Time Protection" exists, but "uncheck scan downloaded files and attachments" doesn't seem to exist any more.  I don't think turning off "Real Time Protection" entirely is a good idea.

Stuck.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 7,428 Applies to: