System default font changed after Window10 update - KB4556799

Hello,

Today I received a Windows 10 update in my Dell laptop so I continued with the update and installed the update and had o restart the Windows once the update was completed and it prompted me to restart with "Restart Now" button on the update page so I restarted the Windows.

But after the Windows restarted, I was shocked to see that the update has changed my system's default font to some weird font that is very difficult to read as well as the font size is quite big too. Now I am not able to read or do anything on my laptop due to this font as I cant read whats there on the screen. I am horribly shocked that Microsoft has provided such a horrible update. This has happened earlier a month ago as well ( I don't remember the update identifier number from last time but this time it is KB4556799) and I have had to uninstall the latest update to get back to better, readable and usable Windows system and this time again I am having to do the same by uninstalling the latest update.

I tried everything to change the system default font by going into font settings in Control Panel but the option there doesn't do any action and its become quite useless option.

I am thoroughly disappointed with Microsoft providing such faulty update and whats more disappointing is that when read the details of the Microsoft support page for this update (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4556799/windows-10-update-kb4556799) it says Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update in Known Issues section.

I would request Microsoft to correct the particular update having identifier KB4556799 and also make sure future updates dont have such horrible flaws. There is no option to attach a screenshot here in this forum while raising this question otherwise I would have attached a screenshot of my system screen showing weird font being selected as system font after system update.

Feel free to mail or call me on my mobile <Removed for Privacy> anytime should you need any further information.

Many Thanks,

Vinay B Pawar

You could add screenshot in this forum, take a look at:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/all/how-to-include-a-screenshot-in-your-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4 

This is not general problem with all version of Windows and it might affect number of users.

I recommend, open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 20, 2021 Views 1,077 Applies to: