system bios update for samsung notebook

Hi guys. I received an update for my system BIOS through SW Update of my Samsung notebook NP350V5C-A03AE. However, I get the messasge that it's unable to connect to the server which doesn't make sense because I have a strong Wi-Fi connection. Any idea what to do? It has windows 8 OS. Thanks.

Unless the BIOS update specifically fixes a problem you are having, I'd stay clear of updating / flashing the BIOS.

If you still want to proceed then contact Samsung Tech Support before you do anything: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/

J W Stuart: http://www.pagestart.com

Never be afraid to ask. This forum has some of the best people in the world available to help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It's possible that the server is busy and not accepting any more connections. It really has nothing to do with your wifi; it's an internet thing :-)

Another thing I'd like to suggest is for you to go out to the Samsung site and download the BIOS update on your own. Read what the new BIOS is supposed to correct, and if there's nothing there that really applies to you, then I wouldn't bother. I don't know if the Samsung software update would try to flash it from the net (not a good idea), or if it downloads it and then flashes it locally (better idea).  The reason I say this is that if the flash fails, your laptop could end up being nothing more than a paperweight.

SC Tom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Stuart and Tom for the response. I really appreciate your time. Tried it again yesterday and it went just fine. It was successfully installed. yay!  too bad Samsung support website is so slow in updates. they don't have drivers (QUALCOMM Atheros Bluetooth suite) for windows 8. so unreliable. Rest assured i'll never buy a Samsung laptop again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad you got it to finish, and that it all worked afterwards. That's always a plus :-)

Don't knock Samsung too much for the site slowness, or lack of some drivers. I have seen the same slowness on HP, Dell, and Acer's web sites, and all probably for the same reason- Win8 drivers. I don't know if it was because Win8 was rushed to market, but hardly any of the hardware manufacturers seem to have extensive coverage of their drivers for their newer products that weren't shipped with Win8.

As far as the Qualcomm-Atheros problem, that's a well-known issue across numerous manufacturers. I believe the onus of that one falls on Q-A, not on Samsung and the rest. My Acer also has the Q-A Bluetooth suite, and when I upgraded it from Win7 to Win8, I had to completely uninstall the suite, then reinstall the Win7 suite in compatibility mode in order to make it work. After working through similar issues with a few other non-available Win8 drivers, it runs fine now, and I'm satisfied with it. And this wasn't an older model; it was only three months on the market when Win8 was released. My 4-year-old Gateway laptop had an easier time of it than my Acer, using mainly native Win8 drivers. Go figure :-)

SC Tom

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 30, 2024 Views 500 Applies to: