Switched on Schoolhouse needs an .sosx application for Windows 10 and it was accidentally changed to Adobe Reader

I reinstalled Switched on Schoolhouse to my upgraded Windows 10 (from Windows 7).  It worked fine when I tested it for one of the courses; however, the second time that I went to open the program, Windows 10 asked what application that I wanted for it to use to read the program.  I accidentally clicked on Adobe Reader.  I could not get Windows 10 to undo (or change back) the program to the original settings, so I took my computer to have it worked on.  Since the computer guy did not understand the Switched On Schoolhouse program, he changed it from a read only (Adobe Reader) to SOSHStudentApp, but that didn't work.  I tried SOSHApp, but that also doesn't work.  Of course, there is not an application in the Windows 10 section that I can get to work.  I need it switched back to the .sosx file extension application, but I cannot figure out how to do that.  AND since my programs are 2013, Switched on Schoolhouse will not assist me because the courses are not 2015.  Please help me.  I have all of the high school programs for 4 years of courses on my computer using Windows 10 and I cannot access any of them.  

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change file association first and check. If you want to reset the file association of one specific file type then follow the steps below.

• Browse to any file of the file type you want to reset.

• Right-click the file and choose Open With and then click on “Choose a Default Program

• Windows will now see you this pop-up, choose the program you want to use.

• If the program does not appear in the list then you can click on More Options, if the program then still not shows you can click on “Look for another app on this PC” and browse to the application.

Additional Reference
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-default-programs#1TC=windows-7

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank & Regards,

SuJata Moktan.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the suggestion, but it did not work.  I need to be able to add this extension to files.  (It is a homeschool program that was not ready for the Windows 10 to request "what application" was needed.  I am still trying to fix this so that I do not lose all of my kids' school work for their years of school. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 713 Applies to: