svchost.exe / service host : local system ( network restricted ) high usage memory and CPU

service host : local system ( network restricted ) when i start using computer cpu fan rise up speed and when i ceck task manager i see that situtation  please help me 

ans when i click right button mouse and select  goto services  from this  

OS win 10  x64 

Hp envy  / 16 gb ram / i7 processor  / 1 tb hd

thanks in advance to who can help me 

Question Info

Last updated July 31, 2019 Views 12,382 Applies to:

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to remove unnecessary external device (not mouse and keyboard) before starting your system in safe mode.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

1. Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.
  2. Select Troubleshoot.
  3. Select Advance Option.
  4. Select Startup Repair.
  5. Follow the on Screen instruction.

For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note:Applies to Windows 10 also.

After starting your system your system in Safe Mode let’s perform Clean Boot and check if it helps.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Please refer the steps given in the link below to perform a Clean Boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?ppud=4&wa=wsignin1.0

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Deepak Krishnan R

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

service host : local system ( network restricted ) when i start using computer cpu fan rise up speed and when i ceck task manager i see that situtation  please help me 

OS win 10  x64 

Are you on a wifi or lan connection, if wifi you could your network could be set for as metered connection.

Did you upgrade an hp laptop, most come with built in wifi connection managers, do you have a disabled indicator   that shows wifi is off or on ( red or yellow for off, green or white for on).

Most microsoft operating systems  do not like wifi and lan connections at the same time on the same network, wifi gets disabled

unless the connections are binded.

What firewall and antivirus product are you using ? 

If you cant connect to your microsoft account it may be affecting other local services as shown in you pic.

Audio endpoint ( audio ) and superfetch ( hard drive ) should not be tied to network services.

Sorry this didn't help.

1.Operation system is currently update;

2.usually i use wifi connection, (home set);

3. I didnt use any other security programs ( antivirus) i use microsoft security system and i upgrade often that program

4.i havenit my microsoft account,

usually i enter yo my computer with my microsoft account ( not local account) 

just i have other user in my notebook and i block they to rich out c: and d: drive 

it may possible became problem from here ? 

Thanks for advance 

Sorry this didn't help.

On the other user accounts that are blocked on c and d drive how are thouse accounts set up as;

family member, other user and do they have restricted or administrator  rights on the pc ?

I would try to loggin to the other accounts and see if there accounts have the same  restrictions.

I would also check to see if you have full permissions on your account,  because according to your pic

you do not.

Go to this pc, c drive right click, properties, security tab; look at all that are there.

You should see at least two accounts, administrator and user for yourself.

The other accounts may or may not show up while your account is active.

Open the drive and select users, should be your profile account and the other accounts,

go to yours first and right click; You should see at least two accounts, administrator and user for yourself, check permissions settings.

Do the same for the other accounts if you can open them, if you get "you do not have  permissions to access this account", log of and into that account and do the same on c drive and user accounts.

The accounts made last on the pc may get set to the default one and give full rights to the system to that user and possible make your account not admin one.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this problem too, the high usage 99% total, after I had changed something in my firewall settings. If this is the case for you, or if you don't know, just check to make sure. Open Control Panel and then firewall settings, Under "Inbound Rules" scroll down until you see "File and Printer Sharing", hold down control and check all of those that say that, right click and "Disable Rule" so that they are not enabled. Immediately the program quit using up all that usage and now its back down to 1%. I hope this helps.

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

OS win 10  x64 

Are you on a wifi or lan connection, if wifi you could your network could be set for as metered connection.

Did you upgrade an hp laptop, most come with built in wifi connection managers, do you have a disabled indicator   that shows wifi is off or on ( red or yellow for off, green or white for on).

Most microsoft operating systems  do not like wifi and lan connections at the same time on the same network, wifi gets disabled

unless the connections are binded.

What firewall and antivirus product are you using ? 

If you cant connect to your microsoft account it may be affecting other local services as shown in you pic.

Audio endpoint ( audio ) and superfetch ( hard drive ) should not be tied to network services.

I just received an Alienware 17 R4 with 16 gb Dram and 8 GB of Video ram.   Noticed this happening more and more over the past month over 8GBs of Dram is used over 55-65% of system memory and 80% of it is used by this file svchost exe then went in and shut down the Killer Network Manager (disabled it at start up)  this made a big difference in memory used by svchost systems software.   Now I see that windows edge has picked up the slack and has moved to the top of the list of memory hogs and is keeping my memory being used over 50% still.  

Microsoft Edge is loaded with so many features and users of it are too limited in abilities to turn off some of the heavy memory features MS Edge Browser uses.   I like a lot of the offerings of MS Edge browser yet am feeling like I'll be using the older windows internet explorer and grabbing mozilas Firefox browser so I do not have to go out and double my system's memory to do the multiple task at the same time as I feel is MS Windows strongest feature.

I Want to say that your advise in regards to windows not liking another program to manage wifi or even LAN internet connections for this was the only means I found to resolve the high memory usage of the software in windows System Svchost.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you open Task Manager a little bit, you’ll see that svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted) is causing the problem of high CPU usage. To improve your Windows performance, and get rid of the high CPU usage, you have to disable Superfetch service. Superfetch used to pre-load data from hard disk into RAM memory. So let's follow this steps. Fix svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.