Stuck on lock screen. Please help

I updated my aunt's laptop for her now when we turn it on it says "Your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin." I click on "set up my PIN" then its making me sign into her old Microsoft account which she does not remember the password for. She is also unable to login to the email linked to the Microsoft account so she can't receive a code to reset the password. I'm stuck and don't know what to do. Please help!!

|
Hi Summernn,

I'm Christine, an Independent Advisor. Looks like your Aunt can't sign in on her account/device. No worries, I'll do my best to help you.

Kindly check and follow the steps below:
We are going to try to enable the built-in administrator and you will create a new user profile so that you can transfer all of the files there so you can use the computer again.

To open the Windows recovery environment, please follow the steps below:

Please hold down the shift key on your keyboard and click the restart option on your screen. (Do not release the SHIFT key)

You will see the Choose an option screen: Click Troubleshooting,
click Advanced Options
Command prompt, type the command below and hit enter:
Note: There's a space between r and /

net user administrator /active:yes

After that, restart the device and select the Administrator, please create a new user, by following these steps:

Create a new user profile:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cre...

Copy files to the new user profile
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix...

Please let me know the result. I'll be happy to assist you all the way until it's resolved.

Thank you,
Christine L

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2024 Views 18 Applies to: