Stuck on administrator log in

Im stuck on administrator log in because the built in administrator account is corrupted
Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select Settings.
Here select Change pc settings and then General.
Scroll down to Advanced startup, click Restart now.
Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.
Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL + Shift + ESC.
Click File > Run New Task.
Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
Type CMD.
Type the following command and hit Enter:
net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: Create a new user account in Safe Mode and give admin privileges to the new account.

Create a new user account
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/g...

After creating new user account, press Windows key, type Mange your account and hit Enter. Click on Family and other users and select the newly created account. Now change the account type to Administrator.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Sincerely,
Louie

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Im fixed it now but why the safe mode is like crazy I think the Built in Administrator is Broken

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi CooldGaming,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Can you check if you can boot your device in Safe Mode?

- Go to Settings, Update & security, Recovery then click on Advanced start-up - Restart now.
- You'll be taken to a blue menu. Select Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings, Restart.
- You'll be rebooted to another blue menu. Press the 4 key* or the F4 key* to select Enable Safe mode. You will be taken to the Safe mode login screen.

Here are the other method on how you can boot in safe if the above steps didn't apply to you.

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-saf...

Note:

The Safe mode login screen ought to have entries for your existing user accounts and an entry for an account with the username Administrator.

Administrator is the username of the Built-In Administrator account. Administrator only appears in the list because Windows has detected that there are no user-created admin user accounts in the system. In the hope of avoiding too much confusion, I will use the term Administrator in full whenever I refer to the Built-In Administrator account and I will use the term admin user account when referring to any admin user accounts that you create.

If the username Administrator is not shown on the Safe mode login screen then I think you have additional faults on your system because it would mean that, although your fault symptom demonstrates that you have no functioning admin user accounts, Windows thinks that you do.

If this is the case I think that you will probably end up with no choice but to reinstall Windows 10.

Hope it helps.
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 13,645 Applies to: