Stuck in login screen

Hello!

I'm having a huge problem and I am stuck on my login screen.. I know the password but it says it's incorrect. I tried using the keyboard inside the screen didnt work and I can't do anything such as: Resetting pc, doing troubleshooting... Etc...

After restarting windows I suddenly got the message "something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to setup your PIN again", then when I do that it gets me to a blue screen saying "The User Profile Service service failed the sign in" "user profile cannot be loaded" (happens when i click forgot my password too).

I press **** and restart then I do click reset this pc then it says there's a problem resetting this pc... When I try to go to safe mode it asks me for my password, as well as every single option in advanced options needs the microsoft password. Yes I know it, but it says its wrong.

There's no solution it's really complicated please help!

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is William, I’m an Independent Advisor. I'll be happy to help you out today.

You can work around the password issue by creating a secondary local admin account to reset the pw for your primary account. To do this, you will need to create Windows 10 boot media (on another computer) and boot from it as if you were going to install Windows, but will instead use this environment to create the new admin account. To create Windows 10 installation boot media, see this Microsoft article: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Alternatively, if you have Windows 10 DVD, you can boot from that, too.

After booting from the boot media, go to the section "Create a New User to Save Account Files" in this guide: https://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-y...

Note, the above link assumes your system drive is letter D:. If the command fails, then use C: in place of D: for the copy command.

Worst case scenario, you can back up your personal files and then reinstall the OS using the boot media you created.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't have another computer to do this process...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You will then need to get with a friend, pay a visit to a local PC repair shop, or visit the geek squad at best buy and ask them if they can create W10 boot media for you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

And what do I do after that? How do I make my windows to work on the current computer?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As I noted previously, you need to boot from the USB device by configuring the system BIOS to place the USB storage at the top or first in the boot order.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 7, 2021 Views 235 Applies to: