Stuck in airplane mode

I mistakenly turned on "airplane mode" on my Windows 10 desktop.  I could not get it turned off so I forced it to shut down, but now when I restart I can't even log on.  Help!
Are you saying, you can't log on and access the desktop?
Can you reboot in Safe Mode from the sign in screen?

Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.
Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.
Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.
Click Troubleshoot
Click Advanced options
Click Startup Settings
Click Restart
Press (4) to Enable Safe Mode
Wait while Windows 10 starts in safe mode.

If you are able to log in normally, here is an article with instructions how to fix the airplane mode issue:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/airplane-mode-tu...
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

follow the steps in youtube
 apply the steps will fix

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found a fix!!!
I went through so much hassle because my desktop pc Windows 10 PRO was stuck in airplane mode, there was not a button to turn off under notifications, releasing and reinstalling all of my adapters also did not fix the problem and there was not a listing under the registry for RadioEnable but I was able to find a solution. My solution came to me when in irritation I actually referred to Windows 10 as "Vista" because the problem with that OS is that it kept configuring improbable IP addresses when my son signed in to the wifi on his laptop and took my IP address. In other words, my intuition gave me the fix when I looked at my ip-configuration settings I discovered that the adapter IP was reset as xxx.xxx.0.0 which is not within the settings on my router and I could not get to the router page from my computer either.

Type search "services" scroll to "Radio Management Service" right click properties "Disable"> At this point it will not let you stop the service. Restart your computer Airplane Mode will no longer be enabled. Go back to search and type "CMD" right click run as administrator; type the commands between the "" as follows;  "ipconfig/release"  "ipconfig/renew"  then "ipconfig/flushdns"

I hope this helps others.

277 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 24, 2024 Views 90,260 Applies to: