Stuck at "Getting a Few Things ready" messgae on Windows 10.

Original title: GETTING A FEW THHING READY

When I started Windows 10 upgrade I got the widow "Getting a few things ready".  This has been running forever.  How can I get past this as there is no way this should be running for this long?

William Rountree 

Hello William,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

If you see “Getting a few things ready” for longer than usual it means the PC is loading all the files and folders that were saved on your PC before upgrading to Windows 10. If you have saved data of higher volume, it will take time for PC to load all the files and folders onto your PC.

I suggest you to wait for a bit longer and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello William,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

If you see “Getting a few things ready” for longer than usual it means the PC is loading all the files and folders that were saved on your PC before upgrading to Windows 10. If you have saved data of higher volume, it will take time for PC to load all the files and folders onto your PC.

I suggest you to wait for a bit longer and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I stopped the process as I did not think this could be normal.  Now I get "Cleaning up before it closes, This may take a few minutes".  This is still running.

William Rountree 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I started MediaCreationToo.exe making option for creating installation media on USB. It is stuck on "Getting a few things ready" form hours ( 3 hours ). How do I know if it is really doing same thing or it is just stuck???? I already canceled it, restarted my pc and tried it over and over again.

Triying a bit longer isn't a reasonable answer. I need something more assertive.

By the way this message is misleading. It should be : "Wait for undetermined period, without any guarantee that it will work"

Be the first person to mark this helpful

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My PC had Windows 10 vr 1709 but still try to update to  win10 vr 1709 anyway I allow it to but now every time I turn it on it says getting Windows ready' don't turn off your pc' and it stay like this for hours 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 27, 2024 Views 5,259 Applies to: