Store app (GTA San Andreas) crashing on Windows 8.1

Hello. Yesterday I just purchased GTA San Andreas from the Store on Windows 8.1. Everything went smooth until I got to start the game. When I clicked on it, it seemed to be loading and after a few seconds I was kicked to the Desktop (but I could see the game window got minimized). After some investigation I found out the game actually crashes and that windows error reporting kicked in. None of them are obvious and happen in the background. I also found some crash dumps of the game's executable (AppData\Local\CrashDumps). Here's what I've tried so far

1)Reboot

2)Reinstalling the game (2 times)

3)Updating

4)Troubleshooting Windows Update

5)sfc /scannow

6)Changing resolution

7)Enabling GPU scaling

8)Checking if DirectPlay was installed

9)Running WSreset

10)Singing out then sign in the store

11)Re-registering all store apps (Power Shell)

12)Uninstalling and reinstalling the Store (Power Shell)

13)Checking if Windows Store and Update services are running (and restarting then)

14)Checking if a folder (AppReadiness) existed in \Windows

15)Creating folder AUInstallAgent in \Windows

An interesting fact is, that from inside "My Apps" in the Store, the game appears not to be installed (says "Not Installed"), but everywhere else I can clearly see it's installed. Thanks!

Good day, dear Window 8

My computer is not working to open it but too slow like 5mins to be open. I want it will be changing in window 8 with apps.. I mean photoshop, Illustrator, Wondershare FILMORA and Google include any games.. Can you have a favor me. All installs because I need it all because of work. Thank you for considering me. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Good day, dear Window 8

My computer is not working to open it but too slow like 5mins to be open. I want it will be changing in window 8 with apps.. I mean photoshop, Illustrator, Wondershare FILMORA and Google include any games.. Can you have a favor me. All installs because I need it all because of work. Thank you for considering me. 

That's a topic for another issue. You need to create another topic describing your issue. Once you do, delete this comment please.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 19, 2024 Views 580 Applies to: