Stereo Mix Missing.

Greeting.

The OS is windows 11, and the device is a gaming HP laptop.

I tried to turn on the computer's Stereo Mix, but I didn't find it in the record.

I tried to update the driver according to the information on the Internet, but the system told me "The best drivers for your devices are already installed".

I want to know is there something wrong with my hardware?

For example, when using Discord, the microphone usually cannot record the built-in sound of the computer. Friends can only hear the sound when I share a specific window.

Also, when I try to make the computer play music in the record settings, the microphone is completely unresponsive. Only when I speak does the volume change with sound appear. So I think my device was not record the built-in sound of the system at all.

So is it my computer that doesn't have a stereo mix or is there something wrong with my drivers?

Hope I can get some help, thanks in advance.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Sakura! I hope you are well. My name is, Zadee. I'll try my best to help you today.

May I ask for your system info, for now, please?

1. On your keyboard, press Windows + R
2. Type: msinfo32 (Press Enter)
3. Take a screenshot of the System Information, please make sure to get the System Model, Baseboard Manufacturer, Baseboard Product, and BIO Version/Date.
4. Then upload it here by dragging and dropping the image to your reply

Thank you.
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you, can't seem to manually search your device model. We need this accurate so we won't download the wrong driver for your laptop. I suggest letting HP's website detect your device here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/detect

Once detected, please go to the driver section and look for the audio driver. Download it.

Once downloaded, please follow the steps below:

1. Win + R to open the run box
2. Type: devmgmt.msc <Enter>
3. Look for "Sound, video, and game controllers" and then expand it by clicking the ">" on the left
4. Right-click each driver and select "Uninstall". Do it to all drivers you see under it
5. Install the audio driver you downloaded from HP's website
6. Restart the computer

Let me know how that goes. Thank you.

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You only need to download one driver. Download the 6.0.9018.1 Rev.B. Then follow the steps below.

3. Look for "Sound, video, and game controllers" and then expand it by clicking the ">" on the left
4. Right-click each driver and select "Uninstall". Do it to all drivers you see under it
5. Download 6.0.9018.1 Rev.B and install it
6. Restart the computer
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You only need to download one driver. Download the 6.0.9018.1 Rev.B. Then follow the steps below.

5. Download 6.0.9018.1 Rev.B and install it
6. Restart the computer

After download 6.0.9018.1 Rev.B and install, a error window popped up.

It looks like the installation was unsuccessful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you post the serial number of the device, please? It should show you the SN number once the site auto-detects the device.
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so I've reexamined your query, this is probably not related to your sound driver at all but some limitations with the app you are using. It is important to note that the microphone captures only your voice and not the sound from the computer or the app you are using, there is a setting that you can turn on in Discord that allows you to do this. Please see this vid guide below. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Acnoti6rCY

This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
----
Zadee C.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, so I've reexamined your query, this is probably not related to your sound driver at all but some limitations with the app you are using. It is important to note that the microphone captures only your voice and not the sound from the computer or the app you are using, there is a setting that you can turn on in Discord that allows you to do this. Please see this vid guide below. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Acnoti6rCY

Thank you for your video, and I just finished watch it.

I want to be able to play only the computer's sound to other people.

As description in the video, other people can hear the sound only when I share the specific window when that window making sound(like playing a movie), and I hope that when I share other windows, they can still hear the sound from the window(the window that making sound) . Also sometimes I wish I could just play my computer's sound to my friend instead of my microphone.

At present, the only way I can share the screen and record the sound at the same time is to use the OBS software, and that must be done with the help of a stream website like Twitch. So I want to achieve the same without using OBS and stream website.

The result of my search through website is that I need to set up my "Stereo Mix" because it can be record the sounds from computer itself. However this is not in my recording setting for some reason, but it look seems it should come with the system.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Perhaps that feature is just hidden under the recording tab, please see this short video tutorial below, this includes how to show the possibly hidden stereo mix feature and also explains what Stereo Mix is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi97D3Lic9M

----
Zadee C.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Perhaps that feature is just hidden under the recording tab, please see this short video tutorial below, this includes how to show the possibly hidden stereo mix feature and also explains what Stereo Mix is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi97D3Lic9M

Thanks for the video, explaining my previous misunderstanding.

However, there is still no Stereo Mix in my recording, which is why I suspect the problem is the driver or hardware. When I searched on the website, it seems that almost all computers have it, but mine doesn't, which is strange.

After check mark the "Show Disabled Devices", the Stereo Mix still not here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I see. Perhaps this is a compatibility problem. The drivers for your device are designed to properly work with Win 10 and now you are using Win 11, which may have something to do with the stereo mix not showing up.

I can't think of anything else that could cause this issue, sorry for dragging your this far without a solution. Perhaps other members of the community have other useful inputs. Thanks for letting me try to help you.

I wish you the best.
----
Zadee C.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 9,737 Applies to: