STEAM GAMES NOT OPENING DUE TO MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME

I recently downloaded a game off steam with no problem at all however when I went to start it up it said this The following component(s) are required to run this program Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime

So I obviously download MV C++ and it still said  the same thing, I tried installing and uninstalling 10 whole times and still nothing. I asked steam for support and they said to verify my game files which I did and still nothing. I joined a discord server specifically for the game (police simulator patrol officers) and they were a bit confused and explained to try and install direct X so I install that but it was already installed in my pc. I then joined a PC help discord and someone told me to download a older version  which I did and still didn't do anything ( I installed the newer version after)

Still nothing is working so I guessed I'd come here to see if anyone had any help.

Thanks

Answer
Answer
Dear LEWISB1903B,I understand that even after the procedures the problem still persists;

What exactly is the model and manufacturer of your graphics card?

Initially I recommend that you try the following:

Download and install Visual C ++:https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Check for new updates on Windows Update:

1: Open the Windows 10 "Start" menu and select the "Settings" item.
2: then select the "Update and Security" option.
3: in the "Windows Update" section, click "Check for updates".
4: If there are no updates, the message "You are up to date" will be displayed.
5: if there is any pending system update, the message "Features update for Windows 10 ..." will be displayed, then click on the "Download and install" item to start the system update.
6: wait for the update download to finish and restart the PC, or schedule a restart to be able to finish the procedure.

If the problem still persists, try uninstalling the Steam app and installing it again;

I hope I helped, see you soon!

75 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2024 Views 53,841 Applies to: