startup repair cannot fix loop in windows 7 64 bit home premium

My system was working fine, then I closed the case(Its a gaming case and the hard drives are mounted horizontal as apposed to the 5.25 bays that are in a vertical row in the front of the case. when i slide on the back side panel it buts up against the sata connecting cables to the rear of the sata 2tb seagate hd) After closing the case I started the system back up and get stuck in the startup repair cannot fix loop, Tried safe mode but it wont go there, I can bootup the windows 7 home premium startup dvd but it gets the same error. The details show:

problem event name startup repair offline

signature 01 6.1.7600.16385

signature 02 6.1.7600.16385

signature 03 Unknown

signature 04 21199800

signature 05 auto failover

signature 06 14

signature 07 corrupt volume

os version 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

localeid 1033

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Neil

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Neil,

It would be more helpful if you answer these questions.

1.      What happens when you try to go in the safe mode?

2.      Are you able to boot on the desktop?

3.      Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to follow the methods provided to fix the issue.

Remove all the external hardware connected with the computer.

Method 1: Disable automatic restart on system failure

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode

Method 2: Use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

Method 3:

Also scan the Computer for error using chkdsk command in the Command Prompt from the System Recovery Options Menu.

To open the System Recovery Options menu on your computer

a. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer using the computer's power button.

b. Do one of the following:

•If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

•If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.

c. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter. (If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)

d. Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.

e. On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool(Command Prompt) to open it.
f. At the Command Prompt, type: chkdsk /r . Press Enter.

When you restart your system, your computer will be scanned for errors and attempts will be made to correct them.

If you need any further assistance related with the Windows Operating System, please reply and we will be happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 22, 2018 Views 3,438 Applies to: