Staples Relay USB drive not working?

I bought a 8GB Relay USB Flash Drive recently, and it works fine in XP. But in Vista, it will work for 2 seconds, then stops. I've tried everything I can think of. (Tho can't really remember them at this moment. =\) Staples support hasn't been able to help me, (big surprise), so I'm assuming it has something to do with Vista. And I just installed SP2 as well, and that still didn't work. When I bought it, I formatted it to FAT32, with the Vista laptop.

It doesn't give any error message, it just stops responding. Almost like I'd be taking it out, but its not. Anytime I try to open from it, it closes. With anything.

Please help. :( I have important things I need on this.
Answer
Answer

Hi Tosai,

Welcome to Microsoft Vista answers Forum!

Vista does not recognize the devices which are in FAT 32 format that may be the reason for the USB device not getting recognized, you may have to convert the device to NTFS format, follow the steps to convert the device to NTFS format:

Click Start>> type in Device Manager in the Start search>>expand Disk Drives to find USB device>> Right click the drive>> select Properties>>then go to the Policies tab >>select the "Optimize for performance" option and Click OK, then do the format, and select NTFS.

Additional information: Convert a hard disk or partition to NTFS format:  http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/414a3808-283a-4e4d-b5ff-1a6d06f597d31033.mspx

Hope this information is helpful.
Let me know if this worked.
All the best!

Thanks and Regards:
Swathi B  - Microsoft Support.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 16,882 Applies to: