SRTSP64.SYS Blue Screen Error

original title: SRTSP64.SYS BSOD Error

I am getting SRTSP64.SYS BSOD error and I have uploaded the dump at skydrive and here is the link 

http://cid-644481192adb2628.office.live.com/self.aspx/AmarDump/dump.zip.

Any help will be a great help.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2018 Views 32,969 Applies to:
Answer

Hello Rashmi Sharma,

1.      Do you have Norton security software on your computer?

2.      Do you get the blue screen error randomly on your computer or all the time?

3.      Did you make any changes to the computer before having this error?

The SRTSP64.SYS is a Norton Internet Security driver. I suggest that you uninstall the Norton Security Software on your computer and check if you have the same issue.

If you are not able to go past the blue screen, I suggest that you start your computer in ‘Safe Mode’:

a.      Restart your computer if it is powered on.

b.      Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.

c.       Once you see the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.

d.      Use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.

e.      Select Safe Mode and press Enter.

f.        Logon to your computer using an account with Administrator privileges.

If you are able to boot the computer in ‘Safe Mode’, set your computer to clean boot:

a.      Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

b.      If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

c.        On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

d.       Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

e.      Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

f.         Click OK.

g.       When you are prompted, click Restart.

After the computer starts, check if the issue is fixed, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

You can also set the computer to normal startup once you determine the service causing the issue. See the section on how return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual” in the above article.

Thanks,
Irfan H, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.

29 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.