Sound is not working after 1909 update

Hello, the problem is there is an issue with sound after 1909 update.

When trying to play test sound there is an error "Can't play test sound" and there is no sound in apps like browser and so on, besides Adobe Premiere that works with ASIO driver and only Premiere playing sound.

When trying to downgrade an update version, saying that i need to delete another one (Administrator) account that was created while update (but i cant delete it and i've tried to turn it off, but it's not working for downgrade)

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2019 Views 983 Applies to:

Hi Kuzmichev,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to audio not working after installing updates on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?

2. How many user accounts do you have on the PC?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned in the article Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

is it fixed now all issues?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had no sound after 1903 and 1909 updates. I now have sound after uninstalling Realtek through the Device Manager (Sound, video and game controllers) and restarting the computer. Realtek has been replaced automatically by "High Definition Audio Device" and is working fine. I don't know what the mechanics of this are. I'm just happy it worked for me.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had no sound after 1903 and 1909 updates. I now have sound after uninstalling Realtek through the Device Manager (Sound, video and game controllers) and restarting the computer. Realtek has been replaced automatically by "High Definition Audio Device" and is working fine. I don't know what the mechanics of this are. I'm just happy it worked for me.

It is really strange. I updated to 1909 as soon as the update was published (11/13/2019). All was working fine until today. I booted my computer and I had no sound at all. I have an ASUS UX550VD laptop with realtek audio HD. 

I tried to install a newer driver, I tried to put the official ASUS driver for my laptop, nothing worked. Even by uninstalling the driver from add/remove software and block automatic driver installation, Windows reinstalled each time the Realtek driver with Windows Update.

The only solution is to force Windows to use the generic High Definition Audio Device from device management console.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an HP Envy All in One 27-b2xx

Only one user account.

No sound after the update.

Sorry this didn't help.