"Something Happened" "We are unable to determine whether your pc can run Windows 10"

I was unable to download windows 10 from windows update. Then i decided to download it from Windows media creation tool. Everything thing was going smooth .

The tool checks for any updates of Windows 10 then it starts checking The PC requirements.During this check i got this Error

of "Something happened"

"We are unable to determine whether your PC can run Windows 10"

Where as when i check the PC requirements through GWX application its telling me "You are Good to go" .Below is the screenshot of GWX PC requirement form.

Some one please help me :( How can i solve this problem now?

Hi, sheikh muzammil.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest that you try the methods mentioned below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the Windows Update troubleshooter and check the Windows Installer services status.

Step 1: Try to run the Windows update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on search bar.
2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.
3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the screen.
4. Click on Windows Update.
5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Refer to the below link as a reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/help-upgrade-windows-10

Step 2: Also try to activate the Windows Installer Services in Services Window.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type “services.msc” without the quotes and hit onEnter Key.

3. Search for on Windows Installer.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select Automatic.

5. Then click on Start.

6. Click on Apply and click on OK.

If you the issue still persist, refer to the below method     

Method 2: I suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus and check if it helps.

Disable Anti Virus:

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If you the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 3: I would suggest you to boot the Computer in clean boot mode and troubleshoot with the issue.

Refer to the below link to enter into clean boot state. The below link can also be applicable to Windows 10.

Clean boot disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

If you the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 4:  If you are still unable to upgrade to Windows 10. Then I suggest you to try to use the create Media installation tool in the below Microsoft Help Article and try upgrading to Windows 10. Chose the option as Upgrade from the Media creation tool.

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I suggest you to take a backup of important files and folders on external hard disk.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Additional Link: You can also refer to the link below for further information.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-install-and-upgrade-top-solutions/a59d8a6a-18da-417b-93a6-7b6ab4d03896

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 23, 2021 Views 856 Applies to: