I'm having a keyboard issue. I don't know if this is the correct topic for this exact forum...
- Ok so I have an Acer Aspire V5-471G laptop. N its currently running windows 10 and I downloaded the anniversary update.
- But after the second week of October(i think, can't remember) certain keys on my keyboard have just stopped working for no reason at all.
- Specifically the letters:- W, E, R, Y and the TAB key and recently I noticed the Windows Key is also not working.
- They do not work at all and nothing happens when I press these keys.
- As far I know the rest of the keys are working fine coz I did an online keyboard test(or maybe some key I dont use isn't working n I missed it)
- I don't know if the keys have stopped working bcoz of downloading the anniversary update or something else.
- I have tried removing the keys and cleaning under them with a soft-haired paintbrush coz I thought maybe there was dust under them that was obstructing the working of the keys but that dint change anything n keys were still not working after cleaning under them..
- Also 2 days after I found this problem, I did a system restore to a restore point that I had created about 5-7 days ago(in the restore point I created, everything including the keys was working fine thats y I decided to use the system restore). But that dint work either, the sys restore rolledback some updates but that was all; the keys were still not working..
- And so after I decided to look for answers on the net but I dint find anything helpful. I did read somewhere that there could be a keyboard driver issue and so I checked Device Manager and tried updating the keyboard drivers but it said that the drivers are already updated.
- and also I read somewhere on the net that if your keyboard is not working you should try using the on-screen keyboard and check if the keys that are not working on the physical keyboard are working on the onscreen keybaord, then it might be an issue or something like that..
so I tried using the OSK but all the keys are working fine on that n so now I don't know what's the problem on the physical keyboard...
- As of now I'm using the OSK for typing the letters that don't work but I want a proper solution for this...
Plz give me some solutions for this...
And if you need any more information of my laptop or anything else please let me know...
[N if your wondering how I typed this then i'm using my work computer :P]
Thanks to anyone who replies... :)