Snipping Tool prints blank pages

I was so happy to find that Snipping Tool now has a direct print option, but when I capture an image and attempt to print - using Print from the File menu - I get two blank pages from the printer. If I paste the image into a Word document, it will print as expected. What's going on?
|
Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

I would like to know the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to place your computer in Clean Boot state and check if it helps

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts. Follow these steps given in the link below to start the computer in clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

(applies to windows 10 as well.)

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

If the issue persist, you can go ahead and Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe).

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows.

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER.
sfc /scannow

Refer to the Microsoft article below for additional information.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

It6 is also recommended that you install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps.  Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us for further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I was so happy to find that Snipping Tool now has a direct print option, but when I capture an image and attempt to print - using Print from the File menu - I get two blank pages from the printer. If I paste the image into a Word document, it will print as expected. What's going on?

==================

One of our users has her display set to 150% (Windows 10, version 1703).  She's getting blank printouts, and I wonder if it's because of her display size.  I'll try to test on a spare computer next week. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have exactly the same problem

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problems, it appears that snipping tool does not have a fit to page option, what I did was take smaller snipping areas and it would print

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem, and after trying several things I've found the solution.

After you've selected the area you'd like to snip go to file print. Then click on preferences. Click on the Effects tab. Default is set to actual size. I changed it to Print document on: (then select the size of paper your using). I also clicked the Scale to fit box underneath that. 

This worked for me because the image I was printing was roughly the size of my whole monitor screen. Because of the display setting being set to 150+% zoom then the image would not print correctly with the above adjustments

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue with several different clients using different brand printer.

The fix I found was to change the image print type under print quality from Vector to Raster. (See images below) This allowed me to print snips that were larger than a single A4 or A3 sheet. This has been tested using about 6 different drivers from both Ricoh and Oki devices and seems to work across the board.

Hope this helps someone

Prints blank pages:

Prints Correctly:

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2021 Views 9,145 Applies to: