Snap multitasking not working properly

Hi,

When I drag windows to the side/corner, they do get "snapped" however the arrangement of the windows is lopsided. For example if I snap a screen to the left of the screen and then one to the right, instead of the windows occupying half of the screen each, one window is much bigger than the other. Likewise, when I snap windows to the corner, the four window sizes are not equal quarters. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks. 

Hi,

When snapping the windows, are you doing this with a mouse, or keyboard? When doing it with the mouse, try to drag and drop several windows into the four corners of the screen in order to get 2x2 grid of open windows.

You can also do it by using keyboard shortcuts. Just press Windows key + Left / Right / Up/ Down key combinations to snap windows in quadrants.

Let us know if this works.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Vanessa, thanks for your reply.

I am already able to snap - I know how to do it and it does work. The issue is that for some reason the windows are snapping in unequal sizes. This issue randomly started about 2 weeks ago but I've had Windows 10 since last August and it has always snapped the windows correctly.

Thanks.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you made any changes or performed any updates recently? Please check the Snap settings and make sure that these settings are enabled:

• Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.
  • When I snap a window, automatically size it to fill available space
  • When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it
  • When I resize a snapped window, simultaneously resize any adjacent snapped window

Just click the Windows key > Setting > System, then select Multitasking.

Looking forward  to your reply.

Regards.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Vanessa,

Yes, I have done all recent Windows updates and a BIOS update. All of those settings are already enabled so I really don't know what's wrong. I've just noticed that some windows snap in equal sizes but others don't. For example when I snap Google Chrome to the left or right, it takes up two-thirds of the screen rather than half. Whereas most other windows snap correctly.

My touchscreen has also recently started malfunctioning and I don't know why :(

Thanks.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Appreciate the feedback. Since this feature has worked properly before, we suggest that you proceed with clean boot to help us determine what is causing the problem.

In case you encounter any errors while doing the clean boot, please let us know so we can further check on it.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 20, 2024 Views 3,147 Applies to: