Since my switch to windows 11 I am having problems with my MSN News.

Since my switch to windows 11 I am having problems with my MSN News.

I will click on a news item and the speaker will start with something I did not click on. What I clicked on will be there in writing but also a news item will sound up through the speaks that does not have anything to do with the news article. Why? I have to turn off the computer speaker to stop the audio. I will scroll up and down and at no point do I find the video that is on the speaker. Please look into this issue, only since I upgraded to Windows 11.

Good Day WileyUmstead,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

-How do you access the MSN news is it using a browser? If its a browser what browser you are using?

I'll look forward for your response so that I can provide an accurate recommendation.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Carlo, good to hear from you.

Micrisoft Edge, when I open the browser the news is right there, that is how I like it. The problem I am having is when I open a news article the audio will start playing a different news article. When I say I open an article I mean a writen article not an audio/vidio news feed. At no point did I open a video/audio feed. There is no way to stop the audio. I have to manualy turn off the sound for the computer to stop the audio. There will not be anyplace in the original news article that I can click on to stop the audio. The news article I may open through Edge could be about cars, the unwanted audio might be about politics. There is no place to click to turn off the unwanted audio. I do not remember this happening with Windows 10, just since I upgraded to Windows 11. This does not happen everytime, once a day or less.

Thanky for responding to my question.

Keep healthy

Wiley

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good Day WileyUmstead,

I appreciate your time getting back to this thread, please proceed with these steps.

Reset the Edge

-Open Edge and click the 3 dots at the upper right side of your screen.
-Go to Settings
-Look for Reset Settings
-Click Restore settings to their default values.
(This will reset your startup page, new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs. It will also disable all extensions and clear temporary data like cookies. Your favorites, history and saved passwords will not be cleared.)

Once done restart your computer and check.

If issue persists, you can re-install the Edge using this link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/business/d...

Download and install the version (96.0.1054.43)

Once downloaded and installed restart your computer and observe the Edge.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Carlo

I followed you directions and reset MS Edge. If the problem continues I will try to take specific notes that may be more helpful.

Again thank you stay healthy and keep wise.

Wiley

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good Day WileyUmstead,.

Does it also happens with Chrome browser, can you please try to check it for us to see if its isolated with the Edge.

Please proceed with theses steps after.

-Open Edge
- Copy and paste this on the address bar and hit Enter

edge://flags

-Click the search flags and type Autoplay
-In the Autoplay results, you can set it to disabled.

Restart the Edge and check.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Carlo

I went to setting and changed things as you said to do in a previous email. I've had no problems since then. I use Crome for YouTube, Khmer Times and Phnom Pehn Post. I'm in Cambodia. I just tried MSN News for just a moment and everything seems good. At this time I am not having any problems with Edge or Chrome.

Thank you for your help.

Keep healthy

Wiley

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Good Day WileyUmstead,

I appreciate your time getting back to this thread, I am so glad to know that it worked If you need assistance in the future feel free to reach us anytime here in the community , I will be more than happy to help.

If you don't have any more questions, feel free to choose a rating and have a great day and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 24, 2023 Views 189 Applies to: