Sign in with Windows Hello

I have upgraded two laptops from Windows 7 Professional to Windows 10 Pro.

One of the problems that I have phased is that in no one of the two exist the windows hello option for sign in.

I have read the following:

Go to Start , then select Settings  > Accounts > Sign-in options to set up Windows Hello. Under Windows Hello, you’ll see options for face, fingerprint, or iris if your PC has a fingerprint reader or a camera that supports it. Once you’re set up, you’ll be able to sign in with a quick swipe or glance.

In both of my laptops Windows Hello does not exist as an option. One of the laptops had a software called veryface before upgrading and the other it has a finger print sensor which is working and I can sign in to my computer even after upgrading, but the sign in option Windows Hello for face, finger, or iris is not there.

Please tell me how to enable this Window Hello ortion and why is not there at the first place?

Q. What is required to use the Windows Hello facial recognition logon in Windows 10?

A. A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.  Since this is essentially 3-d detection,  a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

Two common implementations are the Intel RealSense technology (F200 camera) and the Kinect v2. A number of laptops utilize the F200 camera today and it can also be purchased as a standalone camera as part of a developer kit

Mark Yes below the post if it helped or resolved your problem

Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not represent the views or opinions of Microsoft.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Dear Sumit,

I would like to thank you for the time you spent answering my question but probably you missed the point which I would like to be explained to me and to other persons having the same issue.

Firstly I have to say that I don't need Windows Hello for both of my laptops. I need it only for the one which has finger print sensor. That particular laptop  (an IBM Thinkpad R52 of 2005) I have upgraded it some days ago and I have managed also to make its finger print to function with the Windows Hello sign in option, but while I was searching at the internet drivers for it with the hope to make the Windows in-built Photos application to function probably it was infected by virus and I had to return it back to the old system Windows 7 Professional and again later on reinstall Windows 10.

Unfortunately this second time even though I have tried using the various ways mentioned in the posts of Microsoft Community, to make my computer's settings give me the option of Windows Hello Signin, I did not succeed up to now.

I believe that now you understood what I mean. For make it clearer I attach an image showing the sign in options permitted with my system.  So please if anyone knows, please let me know how is possible to make the Windows Hello option be shown.

I repeat that previously I had succeeded to make my laptop sign in with Windows Hello using the finger print sensor. After that I have reinstalled Windows 10 this option is not there anymore. I still can sign in using the finger print sensor, but only as such, not with the Window Hello option.

I hope that Microsoft will arrange to make all the sign in options available to everybody. That you can use them or not because you have or you do not have the appropriate device is another story.

Thanks.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2020 Views 521 Applies to: