Showing GPS data on columns of Details layout of search results in Windows Explorer

I'd like to show GPS data, latitude and longitude, of EXIF data of photo files (heic and jpeg) on columns of search results details layout in windows explorer (like in the following link).

On my PC, there is a folder containing subfolders. Each subfolder contains photo files. I tried the following way to do the above and it works in subfolders directly containing photo files but it doesn't work with search results in the top-level folder (folder types of this folder and all subfolders are "Pictures") with the search keyword "* NOT kind:Folders".

Could you tell me the way to do this?
If possible, it is preferable to be able to do so on Windows Explorer, not third-party software.

I would prefer the above solution of making changes to the registry to be valid for this as well, but I don't know how to do it.

Thank you.

Answer
Answer

Thank you for your reply.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience but my question is a way to show GPS data in columns of Details layout of search results for the search keyword "* NOT kind:Folders" in search box of the top-level folder (folder types of this folder and all subfolders are "Pictures") on Windows Explorer.

My question is not a way to search by specific GPS data (I'd like to also do this).

I solved this myself by referring to the following links.

The code is the following.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderTypes\{4dcafe13-e6a7-4c28-be02-ca8c2126280d}\TopViews\{5586158e-f4e6-409e-b47c-4d216f40b912}]
"ColumnList"="prop:0System.ItemNameDisplay;0System.ItemDate;0System.ItemTypeText;0System.Size;0System.Keywords;1System.GPS.Latitude;1System.GPS.Longitude;1System.GPS.Altitude;1System.DateCreated;1System.DateModified;1System.Photo.DateTaken;1System.Image.Dimensions;1System.Rating"
"IconSize"=dword:00000060
"LogicalViewMode"=dword:00000003
"Name"="NoName"
"Order"=dword:00000000

Thank you for your help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 651 Applies to: