Setting camera resolution after installing Win 8.1

Hello!

I have a Dell tablet and I upgraded the original OS (Win 8) to Win 8.1. After that, when I use one of the tablet's cameras, I don't see any option for setting the photo resolution. When I open the camera application I see 3 options: Change camera, Timer and Exposure. In the original Win 8 OS that came with my tablet, I could see this 3 options: Change camera, Timer and Resolution. For the Resolution button I had multiple options to chose from (maximum was 8 Megapixels). But now, in Win 8.1 I don't have such a button and photos are taken by default at 2 Megapixels with both of my cameras (back or front). So, what can I do to be able to set the camera resolution at 8 Megapixels?

Thank you.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Unfortunately, setting the resolution in Camera app has been removed in Windows 8.1. You may refer to the post given by Barb Bowman in the following thread for details:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-pictures/windows-81-camera-app-more-options/33f9e7ab-77dd-4d23-ab1e-c33a472f8f17

If you have any further issues on the computer, please post your question regarding Windows and we will be happy to help you.

Rohit S

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 9, 2021 Views 11,312 Applies to: