Server 2019 DC - Kerberos RC4

We have recently promoted a 2019 Server to be a domain controller but it won't authenticate access to our EMC VNX datastore which we believe only supports RC4 Kerberos - is there anyway to enable RC4 Kerberos in Server 2019 as it appears to have been removed?

(Using the IIS Crypto tool we can see the 2019 server does not have any RC4 ciphers)

Access to the EMC VNX datastore works from 2012 and 2016 DC's.

Access from the 2019 server to all other devices on the network also work (we can see these using AES encryption via the klist utility)

I can see no documentation suggesting any changes around Kerberos in server 2019

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2020 Views 372 Applies to:
Hi AndySummers
Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

My apologies for asking you to seek help on Technet forum. Windows server related question is best answered at Microsoft's Technet forum where Windows server experts answer the questions. I would suggest that you should post simultaneously (i.e. cross-post) to Technet forum also.

Technet Windows Server forum - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/off...
Best regards
Vijay Verma

Timezone: UTC+05:30, PST+12:30
Availability Hours (UTC) : 05:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.