Seriously, what is WITH the censorship???

Like, I get that the comments were shut down. But this new censorship is..absolutely terrible, not only for letting in bad actors but also KEEPING OUT the good ones. Why do you guys make your guidelines so strict?! Besides all of this, I would've been fine with it seeing the "let us know" hyperlink......before I found out it was literally just a ;

Can you guys please get your things together?? What is this? Please have some leniency.

(Move from Community feedback.)

Just FYI, Microsoft is using an automated system to monitor the comments. It is bound to have teething problems and over time it will likely get better.

If the moderation isn't to your satisfaction there are likely many places that you can voice your thoughts.

Bonne chance!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It never seems to improve in the slightest. It's just an extremely strict algorithm with no regard for actual fair censorship. I find the idea that they'd still have problems with this even since 2016/2017 these same things have been brought up. Especially recently since they added the MidGPT fork to do their job. And it doesn't. How is it that GPT itself can advance so far in the same amount of time that MSN has failed? Considering the obscene size of the company you'd think they could get their act together no?

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried posting a message that contained only five words, which I was told was Hate Speech. Wanna know what they were?

"I liked talking to you!"

A message intended to convey affection was perceived as hate. I wasn't able to post until I changed the word "you" to "ewe."

Now how messed up is that?

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeh, the automated system that claims "you've posted duplicates" on articles that I never posted.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wonder if a Class Action lawsuit would make any leeway in protecting our first amendment rights.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wonder if a Class Action lawsuit would make any leeway in protecting our first amendment rights.

* Regarding free speech...

The government can't abridge your right to free speech. Microsoft or any other company can control what's posted on their webpages.

https://accessiblelaw.untdallas.edu/limits-free-speech-social-media 

And you will find similar statements on many websites.

"Lawsuits alleging free speech violations against social media companies are routinely dismissed.  The primary grounds for these dismissals are that social media companies are not state actors and their platforms are not public forums, and therefore they are not subject to the free speech protections of the First Amendment."

From: https://www.freedomforum.org/free-expression-on-social-media/ 

"The First Amendment protects individuals from government censorship. Social media platforms are private companies, and can censor what people post on their websites as they see fit."

Don

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

boycott of their products and many complaints will turn it around when they see their views drop and ads slow they will rethink it or go down twitters path i mean they already stole the X logo from microsoft and they couldnt do anything about it what a pathetic company.

From another post:

you are correct there they are private. But, if they are private then how are they on the stock exchange to be publicly traded? if you got an ipo then you should be treated as a public entity. that argument would be the first to start with then work your way to the free speech. if anything we can always tank their stock like game stop did lol

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This response is...non responsive. Users are complaining about irrational and poorly executed censorship on microsoft platform. What does it matter that it's an automated platform?

Then you go on to say that there are "many places that you can voice your thoughts." LOL, as long as that's not on a Microsoft platform!

And as long a giant multi national company worth billions doesn't disagree with those thoughts. Bonne chance with that millenial.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sure, Microsoft can hide behind the law and skirt free speech issues, but why would they and why do they with such enthusiasm?

There are many things that technically aren't against the law but are very much unethical. Seems to me that microsoft is engaging in highly unethical behavior here.

Not to mention that there are MSFT business units that are based upon the ability to engage in free speech without fear of censorship: MSNBC, for example? So sometimes MSFT is ok with censorship and sometimes it isn't?

I guess MSFT is totally fine with censorship as long as it suits them.

Finally, i'm not sure that MSFT can totally treat people unethically and violate the U.S. Constitution, in spirit, with impunity. Customers are paying to use their platforms and their market share is so great (at least with regard to Xbox) that stifling free speech may actually harm society at large.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2024 Views 557 Applies to: