sedlauncher, Microsoft Compatiablty Telemetry Disk Usage 100 percent

During Windows startup and frequently during the course of a day these two processes will run, often times at once, which leads to the laptops disk usage to reach 100 percent. Each process takes approximately one hour to complete, in effect disabling the effective use of the laptop. It's not until I terminate the processes manually that I can resume productive work on my laptop. Can you Microsoft give a true and responsible answer as how to either stop these processes from running at 100 disk usage or how to shut them off entirely. Windows 10 has become in essence the worst OS ever from Microsoft.
Hi kmikeb

My name is Sarah Kong and I am an independent adviser that is here to try and help you with your issue.

You can disable telemetry. I don't have it running on my PC for the reasons that you are experiencing.
To do this go to start - settings - privacy - feedback and diagnostics.
Make sure it is set to Basic.
Then to fully disable it you can do this via registry.
Go to start and regedit and open it then go to ....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection.

Right clikc and create a DWORD value called AllowTelemetry and set the value to 0.

Reboot.
See if that works.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

None of those programs have any legit purpose. They are all some sort of Microsoft Spyware. I've had issues with ComptatTelRunner for months and I need to manually delete it every single updates and I've yet to find out what its purpose is. However, SedLaunch spies on your gaming habits (just look in the task manager what files it analyses, and you'll notice it only focus on folder containing recently played games, like Steam or Origin) and seems to be tied to the gaming suggestion on the store.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2020 Views 1,075 Applies to: