Security warning when trying to open .swf file

Ever since Win-10 anniversary update I get a the warning asking if I want to open an .swf file.  It is EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

How do I shut it off? As far as I am concerned this update is nothing but a huge pain. First it stopped letting my after market clock to show properly along with this. Heaven only knows what other aggravating surprises are in store. It would be nice if I was asked once & after I selected Open it would remember that for that file and STOP asking. I guess that makes too much sense!

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category and edited thread title.***

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, can you provide a screenshot of the warning message that you encounter.

And to resolve the issue with your "market clock" have you tried to change the Windows 10 theme?

Perform these steps on how to change Windows themes:

• Type in at the Search bar.
  • Click Theme settings.
  • Choose a Windows default Themes.

We will be waiting for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, can you provide a screenshot of the warning message that you encounter.

And to resolve the issue with your "market clock" have you tried to change the Windows 10 theme?

Perform these steps on how to change Windows themes:

• Type in at the Search bar.
  • Click Theme settings.
  • Choose a Windows default Themes.

We will be waiting for your response.

Hello,

2 points.

1. Here's the pic of the Security Warning.  BTW the .swf file is not coming from the internet. It was originally but is now on my HD. This warning comes up when I start up that file ever since the Win 10 anniversary upgrade. The warning is not needed and is extremely annoying.

2. It is an after market clock not a market clock. That problem has been resolved by installing T-Clock Redux to replace the Windows clock. It is compatible with the Win 10th anniversary Upgrade. There is no need to get into

my theme since the clock is not a problem. I reported that that problem had been solved.

"My friend Winnie is a procrastinator. He didn't get his birth mark til he was eight years old."
- Steven Wright

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

this might be useful..

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/182353-open-file-security-warning-enable-disable.html

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

this might be useful..

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/182353-open-file-security-warning-enable-disable.html

Hello Susan,

Thank you for the info however this is for Win-7, I am using Win-10 Pro. That may not matter but I'm concerned about the possible security ramifications and did not DL the program it discusses. I'm hoping Gerald Vit may have something to offer regarding my reply to him.

"My friend Winnie is a procrastinator. He didn't get his birth mark til he was eight years old."
- Steven Wright

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I stumbled into a solution though I surely do not understand it.  I had a shortcut to the .swf game on my Favorites task bar. Clicking it would cause the warning to come up before the game was loaded. I moved the shortcut to my desktop & now when it is clicked the game fires up as usual without the annoying warning. Strange!

- Steven Wright

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 26, 2023 Views 646 Applies to: