Second Login Account is default, but doesn't exist on computer. How do I remove?

When I login to Windows 10, the default account is a username that doesn't exist under accounts. How do remove this second account?

I tried removing the account under  netplwiz but the second account doesn't exist.

The account seems to be half of a login I normally use, if "Flower225" was my account this second nonexistent login is showing as "Flowe"

Normally I could ignore this second broken account, but windows has it as the default login, and I have to click my account each time I restart or wake from sleep.

Under Accounts I have my account set up as default login but it's still selecting this second account.

Hello, Chris224,

Did you possibly make a mistake when registering an account? Perhaps that is how the non-existent account came to be.

1. Settings > Accounts > Ensure your account is the administrator of the device. You cannot remove an account if yours is a User Account.

2. Right Click on Start > Select PowerShell (Admin)

Copy/paste this command into the Window then press Enter

Net Users or use this command Get-LocalUser

Note the name of the account you wish to remove from the device.

Next, copy/paste this command into the window then press Enter.

Net User "User Name" /delete or use this command Remove-LocalUser  -Name "User Name"

Remember to replace User Name with the actual account name.

You should see a message stating "completed successfully".

You can verify the removal of this User by using Net Users command in PowerShell. You should not see it in the list.

Reboot and verify the name is gone.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 482 Applies to: