Screen mirroring Windows 10 HP laptop to Samsung 7 series smart tv

I just set up my HP laptop with Windows 10. I bought it specifically to be able to wirelessly stream to my pretty new Samsung Smart TV (pandemic purchases). I am able to see the Samsung TV in the Connect Option, but then when I choose the Project option, whether I choose duplicate screen Extend or Second Screen only, nothing happens on the TV, I only see the video on the laptop screen, and the connection drops.

Both the laptop and the TV are connected to wifi. I even disabled scanning on McAfee to ensure it wasn't interfering. The whole point of my buying a new laptop was to not have to be dependent on an HDMI cable :(

What am I missing?

I even tried installing Samsung Smart View for Windows. That was a complete bust: it couldn't even find the TV!

Hi there!

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.
Follow the steps below and learn how to do screen mirroring PC to Samsung Smart TV.

1. Download and install Samsung Smart View app and launch it.
2. Turn on your TV and make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Go to your “Menu” > “Network” > “Network Status” to check your TV connection.
3. Go back to your computer and click “Connect to TV” then choose your TV from the detected devices.
4. Enter the PIN showed on your TV and hit “Ok”.
5. To add content you want to stream, click the “+Add Content” button and import the files of your choice. Once done, press the “Play” button.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Louie

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there!

I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.
Follow the steps below and learn how to do screen mirroring PC to Samsung Smart TV.

1. Download and install Samsung Smart View app and launch it.
2. Turn on your TV and make sure both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Go to your “Menu” > “Network” > “Network Status” to check your TV connection.
3. Go back to your computer and click “Connect to TV” then choose your TV from the detected devices.
4. Enter the PIN showed on your TV and hit “Ok”.
5. To add content you want to stream, click the “+Add Content” button and import the files of your choice. Once done, press the “Play” button.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Louie

Hi Louie and thanks for responding so promptly. 

As I think I mentioned, the Smart View app was a complete bust: it doesn’t recognize any TV at all, even though the Connect option on my laptop does :(

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello erikawyb,

I'm sorry if the steps didn't work. It seems that the issue is complex than what I expected. I have also provided you steps that has worked for other users but it seems it didn't work on your end.

It may be best if I release your question to other advisors so they can take a look at it and let them share some other ways that can fix the issue.

You take care and keep safe always.

Sincerely,
Louie

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 1, 2024 Views 18,104 Applies to: