Screen has yellow tint/muddy color after windows 11 update

I use an asus vivobook laptop x509da d509da with windows 11 and I've been looking through my computer, checking for any updates I had to do ,I've found a windows update and 2 driver updates (2024-04 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5036980) & AMD Graphics Driver, MyASUS Splendid .I've done them both at the same time, I don't know if that contributed to the problem and I don't know which one of those updates even created the issue but after I restarted my computer for the updates the colors became a yellow tint and the black/gray has a mud-like color. I have searched everywhere,ran troubleshooters and can find no solution. When my computer is turning on ,I can see that my wallpaper has the normal colors for 2-3 seconds then suddenly gets this yellowish tint. It's not night light ,I've uninstalled the update,installed it again, tried calibration, color management etc.. I read of a clean boot but I'm not sure that would fix it. My computer doesn't support HDR use. Is there any way I can fix this myself or should I take the computer to a repair store?

This is approximately the color of the black/gray from my settings menu:

|
Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Open Device Manager
Expand Display adapters
Find the Graphics driver in the list
Right click it and select Update
Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
Select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
Make sure to put a check mark "Show compatible hardware"
Select an older driver from the list
Click Next then restart your computer

If this does not work, press Start then search Device Manager
Expand Display adapters
Find the Graphics driver in the list
Right click it and select Uninstall device
Make sure to tick "Attempt to remove the driver for this device" box
Click Uninstall

After that, download and install the latest Graphics driver for your device using the link below.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/Image/Dri...

Restart your computer

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 25 Applies to: