Screen brightness automatically changing, can't find how to turn this off. Any ideas?

I have checked with DELL forums, DELL technicians and elsewhere and tried many different ways to solve this problem without success.

My laptop's screen when not connected to the power adapter changes brightness depending on what's on screen. I've changed all kinds of settings which seem to have worked for when the power adapter is plugged in but as soon as I pull the adapter out the screen goes back to changing again.  It's driving me crazy as I use this laptop for image/photo editing and I get headaches from this continuing flickering brightness change.

For an example of what I mean see this youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIl-IByHlIg

- showing just how strongly the brightness changes (my phone's camera's brightness settings have autobrightness switched off, as you can see when you look away from the laptop in the video .. the brightness of the room doesn't change and remains constant.

I have been through and checked all my INTEL settings and have had DELL technicians remotely connect all to no avail. Please if you have any advice do not mention INTEL or Dell related settings as I have gone all the way through those

The DELL technicians have said it's a problem they can not solve saying it's an issue created by Windows. I quote -

"We received an update from our Level 3 team stating there is no option for adaptive brightness / auto brightness change. Earlier we were able to make change to this, enable of disable this  feature. But with Windows 20H1 this completely controlled by the OS. This is working based on the modern standby feature & is mostly seen when using the system on battery mode & this is done with the intention of power saving."

I would be very grateful for any ideas.
Thank you.

Hi, my name is Claudeir, I'm happy to help you!
Thanks for the detailed information, well, if you've even talked to the superte Dell, they did a remote assistance and didn't find a solution, I think if I say some possible solutions, it's definitely the ones you've already tested, in this case, I suggest to pass this on to the developers, in Windows+Q search for Comments Hub, so you can report a problem or suggest an improvement. Please report everything in detail what Dell support has reported to you.
One thing I thought you might not have tested yet, Windows+i> System> Power and Suspicion> on the right side Additional power settings> Create a power plan> Create a High performance power plan> Now click Change Plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Video > Adaptive brightness > leaves all options Off.

Feel free to leave your opinion, marking as answered if the answer helped, or leaving more details so that we can continue the service, this is very important to us.
Graciously,

Claudeir
Claudeir

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Claudeir,

And thank you I'll do what you suggest regarding contacting the developers. that gives me a way forward.

I did as you suggested but unfortunately I was not given the option to change any
Video settings as you can see in the screen grab below. I checked all the options that were there but there was no option for Adaptive Brightness. So I'm still stuck but I do appreciate your help.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand, thanks for the information, in this case, the best way I think is to send your feedback to the developers, since not even the support with the manufacturer can find a solution, this may be linked to the current version of the system with the version of the driver. video, I hope you solve it soon and that they respond quickly.
Graciously,

Claudeir
Claudeir

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 17, 2024 Views 2,579 Applies to: