Screen auto rotation Lenovo Yoga issue

Lenovo Yoga c930

Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.836

My rotation lock became grayed out and the screen no longer automatically rotated, but after disabling YMC I was able to get the toggle button usable again. However now when I put my yoga in tent or tablet mode the screen doesn't auto rotate for the new device orientation. I'm still able to toggle on and off rotation screen lock; it's not grayed out... to get the screen to rotate I have to manually change the orientation is settings. I've been in the registry and everything looks okay.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi Zandra605

From your screenshot of the Registry, you have not set Enable to a value of 1 to turn on Auto-rotate . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, I took the screenshot at the wrong time; I was toggling the values to see if that would fix it. I looked back again and it's set to 1... 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Zandra605

Ty running the Lenovo Diagnostics utility form the support page for your laptop to see if that can rectify this problem for you . . .

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/lap...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, that took some time; I ran a full scan and everything passed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Anthony.
I'm Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you.

I understand how difficult it is, when the device or app won't work in the way it should. You may refer on the link below for proper troubleshooting guidelines.

https://support.lenovo.com/ph/en/solutions/ht50...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Hope it will help.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you and Keep Safe.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I turned my system on today tilted my yoga to move it and the screen automatically rotated. So, here's a list of all the steps that I took in case anyone else is having this problem (I honestly have no idea what caused it to work again): When I noticed the issue the first thing that I did was restart the computer... I manually put the system into portrait mode; Tried using the system in tent mode; Turned on tablet mode.

When those didn't work I went and updated the drivers under Display Adaptors; restarted the system (in between each update) Uninstalled the drivers under Display Adaptors (restarted the system for each driver). Updated and uninstalled the drivers in Sensors (again restarted between each)

Went into Services Turned Sensor Monitoring to auto, made sure that Sensor Services was on Auto, Disabled YMC (which caused the Rotation Lock button to not be grayed out before),

Went into the Registry Editor under AutoRotation made sure that everything sans LastOrientation was set to 1; added  AutoRotation Key set it to 1.

I ran the Lenovo Diagnostic Tool; Went in command prompt did a DISM scan, chkds scan, and sfc scan... gave up for the night as nothing was wrong in the scans and turned off my system.  

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 4, 2024 Views 9,667 Applies to: