Samsung Smart TV drops screen mirroring connection as soon as it is established (WIN10)

I am trying to screen mirror my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15-5547) to my Samsung Smart TV (LED4300 series). I have tried every possible method of connecting the tv as a device, including Wireless display, Bluetooth connection, or just clicking on it when it pops up it the windowskey+k connect tab. Every time, I'm able to start connecting, but as soon as both devices say connected, the tv screen goes black then displays the "screen mirroring stopped" message. I can't figure this out, can someone help?
What helped me with a similar situation was to remove the device as a bluetooth connection and try again. Also, use windows key + P and ensure you choose any option other than PC screen only (Duplicate, Extend, or Second Screen only). I think having PC screen only selected (assuming you do) may be causing the issue with it dropping the connection since you are basically stating to only use your PC screen. I am not expert but it may be worth a shot....

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 5,668 Applies to: