samsung mobile usb composite device windows 10

yes i have tried to go in devoloper mode and change the default on the usb developer mode to midi ,tethering,transfer files ,images and nothing worked,but once i got my s mode computer to download with midi twice until i deleted some images from the phone via the computer and then it would not work anymore. I am stuck with your crappanion to download 9000 photos from phone ,were as the usb cable worked in 5 min to download  .
here is the driver version

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

some people have mentioned that this older driver was a good one 

SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem Driver 2.12.5.0 64-bitbut this is a cabinet folder and i am not to keen on using old tech on this.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Got it working.Put default usb configuration on transferring files,put usb debugging to disable,i also enabled force allow apps on external on phone dont know if that helped or not. Uninstalled driver in device manager under usb control (kept scanning for hardware changes and had warning every other second also i downloaded Download Samsung USB Driver for Mobile Phones - LO4D.com usb driver for mobile phones like 1.7 or something . Plugged into different port but had done this before and i found the folder in my file explorer and was able to view all content on the phone only took a week. (smart devices you gotta love em)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The driver i unistalled was then new usb samsung by windows update it was newest one and i restarted the computer when system crashed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This seems to be all nonsense.Plugged  phone back into s mode computer that has not been online since the last windows driver update a few days ago and phone worked immediately. Went into developer mode and changed every setting back and it did not matter ,it still worked. Went to google play and checked what apps were updated and only google duo on the 7th was on there. Went into about phone and could not see any updates not saying it did not but basically all stuff was from a year ago and just build # stuff.

The only other variable is i got a email from microsoft  stating at 124 am your companion signed in jan 8th. An hour after that or so the usb cable started working. Why?

There is only 2 explaintions that work in this scenario. Either your companion somehow got the devices to finally recognize each other or whoever was stopping this from communicating gave up because it was going to happen just slower.

I would also not be surprised that this is all about money as to download a 5 dollar app and your phone  will magically work like it is suppose too.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 3, 2024 Views 10,655 Applies to: