Question

Q: Runtime error r6034 microsoft visual c++ runtime library explorer.exe This thread is locked from future replies

Hi!

I encountered a problem with my Windows 7 SP1 Professional x64 computer. Problem started two weeks ago after I installed the monthly Windows updates. After the updates every time I restart or login to my computer I get the error message saying "Runtime error r6034 microsoft visual c++ runtime library C:\windows\explorer.exe".  After I hit "ok" in the error screen I can use Windows normally.  I also get the same message when I try to use Explorer in different programs, for example notepad. Only difference is that now the path in the error refers to notepad. And again, I can still pick a file to be opened after I press ok in the error screen. 

Problem occurs also in Safe mode and clean boot didn't help either. I also tried system restore to a previous configuration with similar results. I re-installed Visual C++ Library 2010, but it didn't help. I tried to install every single Visual library version (both x86 and x64 ) from 2005 to 2012 without success. Event log shows no errors so no help from there. 

Can you give me any advice, what to try next?

Answer

A:

Here's a simple solution which worked for me:  I right-clicked on the offending program, selected "Properties," clicked on the "Compatibility" tab, in the "Privilege Level" section, I checked the box for "Run this program as an administrator", then clicked the "Apply" button.  Presto.  Problem solved.  I have no idea why this worked, and I don't want to hurt my brain trying to figure that out.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

77 people were helped by this reply

Answer

A:

I found the guilty for the problem, which was my backup software. I informed the software developer about this and they said that the problem will be repaired in the next patch.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

44 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 149024 Last updated: February 22, 2018 Applies to: