Right portion of screen non-responsive

Running Win 10 with latest updates

Lenovo ideacentre AIO Y910-27ISH Desktop

Approximately 1/6 of the screen, on the right hand side, is suddenly unresponsive, although displaying properly. 

The cursor can still travel there, and windows/programs can occupy that space, but when the cursor floats over an actionable button or item in that area it cannot select anything. Even on the blank desktop the cursor cannot drag-select or interact with icons.

There's no damage or visible display difference to that area; to the naked eye it appears fine, and the task bar portion is oddly not affected. 

I had this same exact issue happen 2 weeks ago with a Samsung tablet also running Win10. In that instance I was not able to interact with the touch screen in the same area, nor use the cursor. I was able to correct the issue on that machine by ultimately doing a "Fresh Start" reinstall, but I'd rather avoid that solution if possible on this machine. 

Any advice appreciated. I've done the obvious restarts and there was no antagonizing event I can think of... haven't installed new software in a few weeks and virus scans are clean.

Cheers

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that mouse events are not recorded on a portion of your computer screen. We will certainly look into this for you.

Usually, this issue could occur due to a non-displayed notification that blocks the mouse clicks in certain portion of the screen. For better clarity, please let us know:

1)     What is the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?

2)     Do you have any antivirus program installed?

Meanwhile, lLet us try a few steps and check.

Method 1: Run Windows Updates.

Make sure Windows is up to date with the latest updates.

Method 2: Uninstall and Re-install Display and Mouse drivers.

I would suggest you to uninstall the display drivers from Device Manager and re-install it from manufacturer website.

1.       Press Windows + R key to open Run window.

2.       Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3.       In Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.

4.       Right click on the display driver and select Uninstall

5.       Check the box that says Delete the driver software for this device. Click on OK.

Download and re-install the drivers for your computer from Lenovo Support website

Method 3: Create a local account.

To make sure the issue is not user account related, you can create a new local account and check if you are able to use mouse events throughout the screen.

1. Select the Start  button, select Settings  > Accounts  and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.) 
  2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
  3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.

Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select Next.

Login to the local account and check if you face the same issue.

There are instances where certain antivirus programs also caused similar issues. However, please perform the above steps and let us know the results.

We will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Vivian S

Regards,

Vivian S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 29, 2024 Views 290 Applies to: