restore taskbar desktop list button, not the show desktop button

So far, I like 11 with one exception. I like a clean desktop and, in the past, have hidden desktop icons and used a button on the taskbar that showed a list of them. I would then click on the one I wanted. Very clean and neat. That button seems to be gone. I am not referring to a minimize windows and show desktop icon. Any workaround would be appreciated.

Hi C.R.Akita, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

Do you mean the system tray? Are your apps all exposed in the right corner of your taskbar and wanted to hide them? If so, have you tried dragging the icons to the left and see if the arrow would appear?

Maybe this can help
https://www.majorgeeks.com/content/page/show_al...

(Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.)

If not, would you be able to post a screenshot and point out what exactly are you missing?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been able to keep the desktop icons hidden, hit the link to the desktop menu and get what I want. Screenshot from a PC not yet 11nd:

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I see. I've seen a thread about bringing back the toolbars in Windows 11 but I believe that's for future updates and I'm not sure when will it be back. For now, the only way to have that back is using a third-party tool. See if this can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJD61-rm0mA

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2024 Views 2,181 Applies to: