resizing the windows 7 digital clock gadget and keeping it on top of the active program

I downloaded the windows 7 digital clock.  I'd like to use it on top of a trading program I am using.  I can drag it onto the program OK, but when I click on the program and make that "active" the clock disappears onto the windows desktop.  Is there a way to keep the clock "on top" or "active" all the time?  Also, can I resize the clock.  I made the font bigger, but I'd like to make the entire clock bigger if possible.

Answer
Answer

Hi MJDoyle,

Welcome to Microsoft answers forums!

Yes, it is possible to customize desktop gadgets by changing their settings, resizing them, keeping them on top of other windows, moving them anywhere on the desktop, and making other changes.

Resize a gadget

·         Right-click the gadget that you want to resize, point to Size, and then click the size that you want the gadget to be.

(Some gadgets can't be resized.)

Keep gadgets on top of your windows or program

You can keep gadgets on top of your open windows so they're always visible.

·         Right-click a gadget and then click Always on top.

If you don't want a gadget to appear on top of your open windows, right-click the gadget, and then click Always on top to clear the check mark.

Customize desktop gadgets

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/customize-desktop-gadgets

You may want to know, Tips and tricks for getting the most out of your desktop gadgets

Tips and tricks for getting the most out of your desktop gadgets

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/tips-and-tricks-for-getting-the-most-out-of-your-desktop-gadgets

Thanks and Regards:

Ajay K

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 11, 2023 Views 27,276 Applies to: