Resizing a window causes the window to be distorted

I recently installed a windows 10 update on my newly purchased laptop(acer v15 c3-575g-52gy) to KB3142588, yesterday 30/04/2016. and then i noticed, when resizing a window, it somehow produces black distorted colors like this

This happens when adjusting the window height by dragging it up or down from the top, or adjusting the width by dragging it left or right from the left side of the window. I have updated graphics drivers, i looked everywhere in the settings which leads me to posting this. Please help as i am running out of solutions

Hello Leonard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should. I will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer.

This issue might have caused due to various reasons such as the outdated display adapter, file explorer corruption, third party applications and also user account corruption.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

1. Are you facing the same issue in any other user accounts?
  2. What is the make and model of your PC?
  3. Are you facing this issue when you have opened?
  4. How was the Display adapter updated? is it through Device manager?

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Check if the issue resolves in Safe Mode.

Safe mode loads only minimal set of drivers and applications which helps you check if the issue persists.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode 

Method 2: Perform a clean boot and check if the issue persists. 

to disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.
Follow:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Method 3: I also suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers and check if it helps. 

Refer: How to uninstall, Reinstall and update the graphics card drivers

Note: If the drivers are over lapping while the graphics is updated also you might face these kind of issues.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Thank you
Sachin.V
Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Sachin,

Answering the question #4, I updated my intel hd 520 driver by manually downloading the update. After long hours of finding a solution, I have decided that i try to rollback to previous version of the driver and surprisingly it fixed the issue, maybe the issue is a bug the latest driver version for the intel hd 520 or it might be due to a corrupt installation, anyway i will be keeping the current version of this driver. Thank you for you help

Leonard.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Leonard,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.

I appreciate your efforts in resolving the issue.

Feel free to contact us if you are facing any further issues in Windows.

Thank you
Sachin.V
Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2018 Views 357 Applies to: