Resident Evil 5 / Games for WIndows Marketplace

So ive recently tried to play re5 off of steam but whenever i do it says games for windos marketplace install failed, and the log say: Download Error: 0x800c0008 how do i fix this?
Hello Aidanxw,
I'm independant advisor,

I think this video will help you install the software, a software download link is also provided in the description of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg_ORe3QvZg

Follow the steps to solve the problem.

You can also follow these manipulations after downloading the file from the previous video:

" Install the desired game.

- Delete Microsoft Games for Windows live + Microsoft Games for Windows
Marketplace

- Reboot your computer (Important)

- Download Windows Live (search for Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE 3.5.95.0) I managed to find this by searching. Just be careful you get a legit version!

- Right click on the "gfwlivesetup.exe", go to settings and change it to run in win7

- Right click on it again and run it as admin

- Start the game (if it starts in a window, press "alt+enter" and create a private account on windows live if you have none, otherwise you will have no saves)

- Enjoy the game, finally"

Found here : https://www.reddit.com/r/fo3/comments/in4213/gf...

( Shared by Endpoint_ et the end of the thread).

Best regards

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to provide accurate and reliable information. Be wary of any ads on the site that may advertise products that are frequently classified as PUPs (potentially unwanted products). Do a thorough research on any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.
Ludwig

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 23,302 Applies to: