resetting deezer app login details

I downloaded the Deezer app from the store and logged in using my friends account as a try before I buy, I then purchased my own premium account but I cannot log into it as the app keeps automatically signing me in using the first account. I have uninstalled the app many times and cleared the registry but whenever I open the app it just keeps starting up signed into my friends account.
Answer
Answer

Hi Lottie,

Thank you for posting your concern on the forum.

After reading the description which you have provided, I come to conclude that you have downloaded the Deezer app from the Store using your friends account.

As you have mentioned that after uninstalling the app and reinstalling it still you are unable to login with your own account.

Are you logged in with your own Microsoft account/local account or your friends account?

As you are facing issue while updating store app I would suggest you to try the troubleshooting methods given below.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the app troubleshooter provided in the below mentioned article and if it doesn't help try other steps mentioned in the same. 

What to do if you have problems with an app

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

After performing the method 1 try to open the apps to update.

Method 2

If issue still persist, I would suggest you to check if UAC is enabled or not and for that try the steps mentioned below and see if it works for you. Sometime it happens that if UAC is disabled or date and time is not correct the it restrict Store to get updated.

Step 1

Make sure User Account Control (UAC) is enabled.

Press the Windows key and from the Start screen type "UAC" and on the right, select Settings.
Select Change User Account Control settings and verify here.

Step 2

Check the Date & Time Zone is correct:

Follow these steps to change the time.

1. Double Click on the current time on the bottom right hand corner of your screen.

2. Then click Change date and time settings, then click the Change time zone button

3. Select your time zone and tick automatically adjust clock for daylight saving time and press OK

4. Then press Apply, and OK.

Method 3:

If you are using a proxy connection, then try disabling proxy and then check if the issue persist. Proxy server also restrict Store app to get updated.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

1. Open Internet Explorer

2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options

3. Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings

4. Uncheck the Use Proxy server.

5. Click Apply and Ok to save changes.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 21, 2022 Views 793 Applies to: